APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to all supplies of goods and/or services or any part of either of them provided by DigiPrint to the Customer unless otherwise agreed in writing by a duly authorised representative of DigiPrint.
(A) Any quotation given by DigiPrint will only be binding if given in writing on DigiPrint notepaper (by a duly authorised representative of DigiPrint) and the quotation has not expired. A written quotation will be based on samples and materials provided and on the basis of instructions given by the Customer. DigiPrint reserve the right to amend any quotation given to reflect any incomplete inaccurate or changed instructions or samples or materials given by the Customer. Any verbal quotation is an estimate only and will not be binding unless and until confirmed by DigiPrint in writing. Any quotation is valid for a period of 30 days only from its date of issue by DigiPrint, (provided that DigiPrint has not previously withdrawn it and subject to the provisions of condition 2 below) and shall be deemed to be an offer by DigiPrint to provide goods and/or services upon these terms and conditions to the Customer. Any order made in respect of a written quotation shall be deemed to be an acceptance of the offer set out in that written quotation by the Customer.
(B) The Customer must ensure that any quotation it wishes to accept, its order and any applicable specification are complete and accurate. The quantity and description of the goods or services shall be as set out in DigiPrint’s written quotation or the Customer’s order as accepted.
- Subject to condition 4(B) a Business Customer (a Customer who is dealing with DigiPrint in the course of its business) may not cancel an order which DigiPrint has accepted except with the agreement in writing of DigiPrint and any Customer cancelling any order hereby agrees to indemnify DigiPrint in full against all losses (including loss of profits), costs (including the costs of all labour and materials used until the date of cancellation), damages, charges and expenses incurred by DigiPrint as a result of the cancellation.
- DigiPrint may cancel an order at any time prior to delivery upon notice to the Customer whereupon a refund of any monies paid for the relevant goods and/or services will be promptly made.
(D) The price payable will (subject to condition 2) be as stated in DigiPrint’s written quotation and/or the order as accepted.
(E) The price payable (unless specifically stated otherwise) is exclusive of:
- any costs of packaging and carriage of goods; and
- any value added tax or other applicable sales tax or duty;
which shall be added to the sum in question.
PRELIMINARY OR PREPARATORY WORK
(F) For the avoidance of doubt, all works services or goods supplied at the Customer’s request including work and/or services of a preliminary or preparatory nature unless specifically stated otherwise are not complimentary.
2. PRICE VARIATIONS
(A) If there is any increase or decrease in the cost to DigiPrint in providing/fulfilling the order due to:
- any factor beyond the reasonable control of DigiPrint, this includes (without limitation) increase in the cost of materials and other production costs;
- any change in delivery, dates, quantities or specifications for the Order requested by the Customer;
- any delay caused by any instructions of the Customer or failure of the Customer to give DigiPrint adequate information or instructions;
- any corrections, amendments and alterations in style or content to material provided by the Customer, other than typographical errors of DigiPrint, and for additional proofs necessitated thereby;
- additional costs incurred as a result of materials provided by the Customer proving unsuitable; the price/quotation shall be recalculated to take account of the resulting increased or decreased cost of meeting/fulfilling the order.
(B) Notwithstanding the provisions of condition 2(A) above:
in the case of Business Customers, the relevant price/quotation shall only be adjusted upwards if, before DigiPrint has incurred the additional cost, it has notified the Customer in writing of such increase and the Customer has agreed to the increase in writing. If the parties are then unable to agree any such increase to the price then the order shall be cancelled and DigiPrint shall be entitled to invoice the Customer for all works services or supplies carried out and/or made before the date of such cancellation; and,
in the case of all Consumer Customers, the relevant price/quotation shall only be adjusted upwards if, before DigiPrint has incurred the additional cost, it has notified the Customer in writing of such an increase and has given the Customer the right to withdraw from the order within 3 days of receipt of such notice in default of which it shall be deemed to have accepted the revised price and DigiPrint shall be entitled to invoice the Customer for all works services or supplies carried out and/or made before the date of such cancellation.
3. PROOFS AND ERRORS
Proofs are available for the Customer’s approval on request. No responsibility or liability will be accepted by DigiPrint for:
- any errors not corrected by the Customer after inspecting the proofs or where the Customer declines to make such request; or
- any work for which the Customer has given instructions which requires or allows DigiPrint to exercise a degree of artistic licence;
and the Customer shall not be entitled to reject such work although DigiPrint shall rectify any such error at the Customer’s cost.
- Full colour printing – All reasonable efforts shall be made to obtain the best possible colour reproduction on customer’s work but variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted as reasonable that, digiprint shall not be required to guarantee an exact match in colour or texture between the customer’s photograph, transparency, proof, electronic graphic file, previously printed matter (whether printed by digiprint or other party) or any other materials supplied by the customer and the printed article the subject of the customer’s order.
- Proofs – Proofs of all work may be submitted for customer’s approval and the digiprint shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the customer in proofs so submitted. Additional charges shall be made for any additional proofs that are required as a result of alterations required by the customer. When style, type or layout is left to digiprint’s discretion, any subsequent changes to such style, type or layout required by the customer shall be subject to additional charges on a time and materials basis. The forgoing provisions relating to proofs applies to all types of proof provided to enable the customer to approve the content prior to printing taking place or digital media going live, proofs may take the form of hard copy, digital files or websites and applications viewed on-line.
4. DELIVERY, PAYMENT AND RISK
(A) Delivery of the goods and/or provision of the services shall be made at the DigiPrint Centre (the DigiPrint outlet which accepted the order) or such other place as agreed by the parties at time of ordering. The Customer will take delivery of the goods and/or services within 7 days of DigiPrint giving it notice that the goods and/or services are ready for delivery/completed.
(B) Any dates specified by DigiPrint for delivery of the goods or performance of the services are approximate only and may not be made of the essence unless specifically agreed by DigiPrint as such in writing or if Express delivery service is selected and paid for. If no dates are specified, delivery will be within a reasonable time (1-2 days) of the estimated time quoted.
(C) Subject to the other provisions of these conditions DigiPrint shall have no liability to the Customer for any loss (including loss of profit), costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the goods and/or provision of the services (except in the case of Consumer Customers if caused by DigiPrint’s negligence or breach of contract).
(D) In the case of Business Customers, any delay or failure in delivery or performance will not entitle the Customer to cancel the order unless and until the Customer, has given 7 days written notice to DigiPrint requiring delivery or performance to be made within a reasonable period (and in the case of Consumer Customers if they have given reasonable notice to DigiPrint requiring delivery or performance to be made within a reasonable period) and DigiPrint has not fulfilled the delivery or performed within that period. If the Customer cancels the order in accordance with this condition 4(D) then
- DigiPrint will refund to the Customer any sums which the Customer has paid to DigiPrint in respect of that order (or part of order) which has been cancelled; and
- the Customer will be under no liability to make any further payments under condition 4(F) in respect of the order (or part of order) which has been cancelled.
(E) If the Customer fails to take delivery of goods when they are ready for delivery or to provide any instructions, documents or authorisations required to enable the goods to be delivered on time (except where DigiPrint is at fault) risk in goods will pass to the Customer and the Customer hereby agrees to fully insure the same, the goods will be deemed to be delivered and (without prejudice to its other rights) DigiPrint may store or arrange for the storage of the goods until actual delivery and charge the Customer for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance) it incurs.
(F) DigiPrint may invoice the Customer:
- for goods provided when or at any time after notifying the Customer that the goods are ready for delivery;
- for services provided on or at any time after performance of the services commences;
- notwithstanding the provisions in conditions 4(F)(i) and (ii), in the event that an order is suspended or delayed as a result of any act or omission on the part of the Customer for a period in excess of thirty days, for any part of the order which has been processed/delivered and/or performed.
(G) Payment is due in pounds sterling, or such other currency agreed in advance by DigiPrint in writing, immediately after issue of such invoice and DigiPrint shall be entitled to recover the payment notwithstanding delivery may not have taken place and legal title has not passed to the Customer (except in the case of approved credit account Customers with whom alternative arrangements have been agreed in writing by DigiPrint). Time of payment shall be of the essence.
(H) For Business Customers DigiPrint may deliver goods in separate instalments and/or perform any services in stages. Each separate instalment or stage shall be invoiced and paid for in accordance with the provisions of these terms and conditions. Each instalment or stage shall be a separate contract and no cancellation or termination under clause 4(D) of any one contract relating to an instalment or stage shall entitle the Customer to repudiate or cancel any other contract, instalment or stage.
(I) All sums payable to DigiPrint under any order shall become due immediately upon termination/cancellation of the order.
(J) All payments to be made by the Customer under the order shall be made in full without any set-off, restriction or condition and without any deduction for or on account of any counterclaim.
(K) If the Customer fails to make any payment when payment is due then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to DigiPrint, DigiPrint shall be entitled to:
- cancel the order or suspend any performance of the order;
- appropriate any payment made by the Customer as DigiPrint may think fit (notwithstanding any purported appropriation by the Customer);
- charge the Customer with all costs and expenses involved in collecting the overdue payment together with interest (both before and after any judgement) on the amount unpaid at the rate of 2% per month above Barclay’s Bank plc base rate or such higher rate as provided for by legislation from the due date until payment in full is made (part of a month being treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest).
(L) Legal title in the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until DigiPrint receives payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) of all sums whether in respect of the goods, services or otherwise due owing or incurred including VAT. Until legal title passes the Customer shall hold the goods on a fiduciary basis as DigiPrint’s bailee and shall store the goods (at no cost to DigiPrint) separately from all other goods of the Customer or any third party in such a way that they remain readily identifiable as DigiPrint’s property. Where the Customer’s right to possession has terminated the Customer grants DigiPrintt, its agents and employees an irrevocable licence at any time to enter any premises where the goods are or may be stored to recover them. On termination of the contract, howsoever caused, DigiPrint’s (but not the Customer’s) rights contained in this condition 4 shall remain in effect.
(A) Where DigiPrint is not the manufacturer of the goods ordered or provider of the ordered services DigiPrint will endeavour to transfer to the Customer the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given to DigiPrint.
(B) DigiPrint warrants that (subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions) upon delivery:
- any goods will be of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1994; and
- any services will be performed by appropriately qualified and trained personnel, with reasonable care and diligence
(C) Upon delivery the Customer shall be required to check the goods and/or services immediately for any immediately apparent defects. DigiPrint shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty in condition 5(B) unless the Customer gives written notice of any apparent defect to DigiPrint within 7 days of the date of delivery and DigiPrint is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice of examining such goods and the Customer (if asked to do so by DigiPrint) returns such goods to DigiPrint’s place of business for the examination to take place there.
(D) If the Customer makes a valid claim against DigiPrint based on a defect in the quality of goods, DigiPrint shall at its option repair or replace such goods (or the defective part), or refund the price of such goods at the relevant proportion of the price paid or payable. If DigiPrint complies with this condition it shall have no further liability for a breach of warranty in condition (B) in respect of the quality of such goods.
(E) If the Customer is dealing as a Business Customer:
- to the maximum extent permissible in law, all conditions and warranties which are implied by statute or otherwise by general law into this contract in relation to goods or services or supplies are hereby excluded;
- DigiPrint shall not be liable to the Customer by reason of any representations (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claim for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by DigiPrint’s negligence or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of goods or services or supplies.
(F) If the Customer is a Consumer Customer and goods and/or services are provided to the Customer then
- to the maximum extent permissible in law, all conditions and warranties which are implied by statute or otherwise by general law into this contract in relation to goods or services are hereby excluded;
- under no circumstances shall DigiPrint be liable for any business related loss (which includes without limitation, any loss of contracts, loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of anticipated savings in expenditure) as a result of either DigiPrint’s breach of contract or DigiPrint’s negligence or otherwise.
(G) Nothing in conditions 5(E) or (F) excludes, or attempts to exclude, DigiPrint’s liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by DigiPrint’s negligence.
(H) The total liability of DigiPrint to the Customer in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), statute or otherwise (other than for death or personal injury arising due to the negligence of DigiPrint, its employees or agents), in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the order shall be limited for Business Customers to the price quoted and for Consumer Customers to twice the price quoted.
6. CUSTOMER’S OWN MATERIALS (stock or digital files)
(A) DigiPrint may reject unsuitable materials (including without limitation any paper, computer disks or CD-Roms) supplied or specified by the Customer and DigiPrint reserves the right to refuse to undertake any works, services or supplies which infringes or appears to infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party or which in its opinion contains any material which is in any way unlawful.
(B) Customers are to ensure all electrical data sent to DigiPrint by (email or disk) will be free of Viruses and virus checked. Any costs or claims resulting in DigiPrint’s systems to become infected will be chargeable if proven to be a direct result of customers own data being infected.
(C) Customers must provide a paper proof if supplying digital artwork for the purposes of layout and content checking. If a proof is not supplied this is at the customers own risk and DigiPrint will not be held accountable in any way and the job will stand as due to be paid for by the customer (see condition 3). DigiPrint can supply digital proofs if requested at a cost to the customer. No blame may be made for loss or re-formatting of customers own artwork due to file transfer from one PC to another, (applies mostly to Microsoft office and Word files) Only PDF supplied files are guaranteed formats.
(D) Customers supplying their own digital artwork files agree to supply to the correct and exact specification required for full colour printing processes. All customer supplied artwork must conform to our strict design supply rules and digiprint will not be held responsible for any errors.
IMPORTANT: All artwork must be supplied in the correct format and specification:
1. Supplied as a print ready PDF file.
2. Set as CMYK colour mode for all colour printed work.
3. All text converted to Paths or Curves.
4. All artwork must be set to the correct size.
5. All artwork must be set to the correct orientation.
6. Maximum ink levels for CMYK is 300% total ink coverage.
7. Black to be set as K only not full CMYK.
8. No overprint settings used as this will cause errors.
9. All images converted to CMYK bitmap jpeg images.
10. Minimum quiet zone of 5mm to be used around the edges.
11. Bleed supplied correctly at size required (usually 1.5mm)
(E) Any Customer’s artwork or other materials supplied to DigiPrint remain at the Customer’s risk and DigiPrint accepts no liability for damage, destruction or loss thereof. In the case of Consumer Customers, DigiPrint agree to take reasonable care of such art work or other materials while the same are in their possession although it is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that such items are covered by their own insurance.
(F) DigiPrint shall have a lien over any materials supplied to it by the Customer against payment of all monies due to it by the Customer from time to time and shall be entitled (if any sum is not paid on the due date) to dispose of such property as DigiPrint shall in its discretion think appropriate towards settlement of the sums due, subject to reasonable notice having been given to the Customer of their intention to dispose of such property.
(A) The Customer warrants that any design or other material furnished by it or any design material created by DigiPrint pursuant to the Customer’s instructions is and/or will not defamatory or obscene or be such as will cause DigiPrint to infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party or any legislation for the time being in force in the United Kingdom in the performance of the order.
(B) In the event that the Customer has requested the production of original design work (whether under DigiPrint’s Creative Design Plan or otherwise) DigiPrint may engage the services of third party designers in producing such supplies, works or services.
(C) In the event that DigiPrint are required to provide original design work under DigiPrint’s Creative Design Plan or otherwise (whether or not such original artwork incorporates the Customer’s materials):
- all proofs or preliminary design work remain DigiPrint’s copyright at all times and may not be used or re-produced by the Customer in any form in whole or in part;
- upon the final proof and/or design being agreed, the final proof and any part of the final proof, remain DigiPrint’s copyright until DigiPrint have been paid in full for providing the original design work and the Customer may not use or reproduce in whole or in part the original design work until full payment is made to DigiPrint.
(D) Upon receipt of full payment:
- in the event that DigiPrint has created the original design work DigiPrint may assign to the Customer copyright of such work for an additional release fee;
- the Customer shall provide irrevocable authorisation to DigiPrint to use the original design work for any business promotional purposes of the DigiPrint business only;
- in the event that DigiPrint has engaged third party designers to produce the original design work and where that third party designer has assigned copyright in such work to DigiPrint, DigiPrint shall grant a non-exclusive royalty free licence of the copyright in the original design work to the Customer exclusively for DigiPrint to print the design but cannot warrant that the designer who is commissioned to produce the work will not offer such work or any part of it to any third party.
(E) The Customer shall fully indemnify DigiPrint in respect of all costs, claims, liabilities and expenses (including any amount paid in settlement on legal advice and DigiPrint’s own legal costs) arising from any breach of the Customer’s warranty in clause 7(A).
(F) The Customer shall promptly notify DigiPrint in the event of any claim being made or action brought against a Customer arising out of a breach of the Customer’s warranty in clause 7(A).
8. DATA PROTECTION
(A) The Customer warrants, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any other relevant legislation, that it has obtained all necessary consents from data subjects for the use of such data subjects’ personal data which it requires DigiPrint to process in the provision of goods and/or services.
(B) DigiPrint shall only process such personal data for the purpose of providing the services and/or goods in respect of the order.
The order will terminate immediately should the Customer become insolvent, fail or become unable or admit in writing their inability to pay their debts, institute or have instituted against them proceedings seeking a judgement of insolvency or bankruptcy; have a resolution passed for its winding up or liquidation; seeks or becomes the subject of the appointment of an administrative receiver or similar official in respect of its assets; enter into any arrangement or composition with its creditors; cease or threaten to cease to carry on any significant part of its business; suffer a change of management or ownership which DigiPrint deems to be against its interests;
If the Customer is in breach of any of its obligations under these terms and conditions then DigiPrint may without prejudice to any of its other rights immediately suspend the performance of any order placed by the Customer and shall be entitled to charge the Customer, and the Customer shall immediately become liable to pay, for any works, services and supplies already carried out (whether completed or not) including the cost of any materials purchased on behalf of the Customer.
Failure or delay by DigiPrint to exercise or enforce any rights hereunder shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof at time or times thereafter.
12. ILLEGALITY AND SEVERANCE
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by an competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then that provision shall, to the extent required, be severed from the order and shall be ineffective without as far as possible modifying any other provision or part of the order and this shall not affect any other provisions of the order which shall so far as is reasonably possible remain in full force and effect.
13. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These provisions constitute the entire agreement between DigiPrint and the Customer and replace all prior agreements, understandings, statements and communications between DigiPrint and the Customer.
14. FORCE MAJEURE
DigiPrint will make every effort to carry out the Customer’s instructions and the order but shall be under no liability if unable to carry out any provision of the order for any reason beyond DigiPrint’s reasonable control (without limiting the foregoing) including the inability to secure labour, materials or supplies, breakdown of machinery, or as a result of the Act of God, war, labour dispute, fire, flood, drought, legislation, failure of power supply or any other cause beyond DigiPrint’s reasonable control. During the continuance of such instance of Force Majeure the Customer may by notice in writing to DigiPrint elect to terminate the order and pay for works, services and/or supplies provided or used up to such notice but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
DigiPrint may assign, licence or subcontract all or any part of its rights or obligations under the order.
16. GOVERNING LAW
The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects whatsoever of the order or of any term of the contract shall be governed by English Law. The English Courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with the order.
17. CONSUMER RIGHTS
These terms and conditions do not and will not affect the statutory rights of a Consumer Customer. No provision which would be void by virtue of Sections 6 or 20 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 (as amended) or by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1994 shall apply to any order made by a Consumer Customer.
© DigiPrint Bath Ltd revision (iii) 04/2015